For the salad
- 1 cup whole pecans, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 pomegranate, seeds -also called arils – removed (or about 1.5 cups)*
- 1 cucumber, sliced into 1/2 inch disks
- 4oz goat cheese, more if desired
For the pomegranate ginger vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Heat a small saucepan over low heat and add pecans.
- Toast until they are slightly golden and fragrant (about 5 minutes), stirring and shaking the pan to keep from burning. Toss them with the cinnamon, salt, and cayenne. Set aside.
- Combine juice, vinegar, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Slowly add olive oil while whisking until dressing emulsifies, or binds together. Store in an airtight container in fridge for up to one week.
- Add the arugula to a large bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add in the avocado, pomegranate seeds, cucumber, pecans and goat cheese.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette. Enjoy!
*If pomegranate seeds aren’t available in your area, you can substitute dried cranberriesPrint Recipe