- 1 lb bacon, cut into one-inch slices
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup stone ground mustard
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 Pink Lady apple, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 large bag fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, cook bacon until fully cooked. Remove bacon and reserve about 4 tbsp. of the bacon fat in the pan.
- Saute onions in the bacon fat until caramelized.
- Add mustard, vinegar, and maple syrup. Stir and let reduce for about 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil and combine.
- Pour the warm dressing over a bowl of spinach. Toss to coat, spinach will begin to wilt. Plate and top with slices of apple, dried cranberries, and pecans. Serve warm.