- Half of a 15-oz package Laura Lynn refrigerated pie crust
- 4-oz jar Unicoi Preserves strawberry vanilla spread
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone sheet and set aside.
- Lightly flour your clean work area and unroll 1 pie crust (refrigerate the other pie crust for later use). Roll out pie crust slightly, approximately 12 inches round, and seal any cracks.
- With a floured, 3 1⁄2 inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut as many hearts as you can. Re-flour the work area, gather the scraps of dough into a ball, then roll out the dough to the same thickness as previous and cut more hearts. Our dough yielded 14 hearts; this will vary based on the size cutter and thickness you roll. Ideally, you want an even number of hearts because each tart takes two hearts.
- Place half the hearts on to your lined baking sheet, then top each heart with approximately 1 teaspoon Unicoi Preserves Strawberry Vanilla Spread.
- Whisk egg white with 1 tablespoon of water, then brush the edges of the heart with egg wash, and top with another heart. Crimp edges with a fork to seal.
- Use a paring knife to cut a few small slits in the top of each tart to let steam escape. Refrigerate tarts 15 minutes or longer.
- Brush tarts with egg wash and bake on middle rack for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Whisking together 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk and 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice to make the glaze.
- Dip the top of each tart into glaze, then top with sprinkles.