- 2C drained garbanzo beans
- 1⁄2C tahini (sesame paste)
- 1⁄2C sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp each: salt and black pepper
- 1T ground cumin
- 1T dried basil
- 1⁄2C lemon juice
- 1⁄4C olive oil (more as necessary)
- Water (optional as necessary)
- In the food processor bowl, process the garlic cloves until finely minced.
- Add the garbanzo beans, sun-dried tomatoes and tahini, processing until finely chopped and combined, about thirty seconds.
- Add the salt, black pepper, cumin, basil and lemon juice, processing again until incorporated.
- With the processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until acquiring a smooth paste, adding more oil or water to get the consistency you like.
- Serve with fresh baked tortilla chips or toasted pita points with as- sorted vegetable sticks.