- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 summer squash, diced
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 crumbled feta (optional)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet (or 2) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine squash and eggplant. Toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, adding more if needed to coat all veggies. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss, and spread on baking sheet(s). Roast until veggies are softened and slightly brown – 20 to 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- If you haven’t pre-cooked quinoa, do so now. (*See note.)
- Make the vinaigrette: Mix all ingredients together in a bowl (whisk it) or mason jar (shake it), season to taste. Set aside.
- Add basil and mint to cooled quinoa and stir to combine.
- Assemble bowls: Divide quinoa mixture among 4 bowls. To each bowl, add roasted veggies, chopped spinach, grape tomatoes, and pine nuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Garnish with feta, if desired.
* To cook quinoa, combine 1 cup of rinsed quinoa and 2 cups liquid (water or broth) in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes until quinoa is tender and the liquid has been absorbed. Allow to rest, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Set Aside.
To toast pine nuts, heat dry sauté pan over medium heat and add nuts. Spread out evenly and shake pan to prevent burning. Some- times it takes less than 2 minutes. Keep an eye on them because they burn quickly – you want them golden. Place in bowl or on paper towel to cool and set aside.Print Recipe