- 2-3 Artichokes – 2 Lemons
- Salt & Pepper – Garlic
- Crab cake – Episode 35
- Peel back the leaves of the artichoke; Continue with this process until you begin to see a golden brown color at the base of the artichoke
- Trim the bottom of the artichoke and any excess leaves that remain as well.
- Cut the top 1⁄4 (tip) off the top of the artichoke 4. Place remaining artichoke into boiling water; Add 1 teaspoon salt and the juice of half a lemon to the water for taste
- Let this cook for 8-10 minutes
- Remove from boiling water and allow to cool. 7. Continue to peel back remaining leaves until you reach the heart of the artichoke. You will see the “hairs” of the artichoke to let you know you have reached the heart.
- Once you have reached the heart take a spoon or melon baller and remove the “hairs” of the artichoke until only the heart remains. In a circle motion continue to work with melon baller or spoon until all the “hairs” are removed.
- Place in oven safe baking dish and season with a teaspoon of salt, pepper, and garlic (powder/ fresh?)
- Stuff with crab cake stuffing; This recipe was in Episode 35
- Place in 350 degree oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown