- 1 pre-cooked spiral sliced ham, 8 – 10 pounds
- Sweet and Spicy BBQ Rub
- 1⁄2 stick unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 8 ounces Unicoi Preserves Salted Caramel Peach Spread
- Kosher salt
- Prepare your grill for indirect cooking. I like to add 4 – 5 chunks of apple wood for a fresh smoke flavor as well. Light your grill and bring to 250 degrees.
- Remove ham from packaging. If your ham comes with a packet of glaze, either save for another use or discard. Blot the ham dry with paper towels.
- Score the ham vertically 4 – 5 times, 90 degrees opposite from the spiral slices. This allows the glaze to penetrate the interior of the ham when applied later.
- Season the outside of the ham liberally with BBQ rub. I like to spread the spiral sliced sections apart so the rub penetrates the ham well.
- Place a foil pan on the grill and place 1 cup of water in the pan. Place a wire rack on top of the water pan and set your ham on top of the wire rack. Cook the ham until it reaches an inter- nal temperature of 120 degrees, roughly 3 hours.
- In a sauce pan, combine the butter, brown sugar, Salted Caramel Peach Spread and a pinch of kosher salt and cook over medium heat until it has liquefied and thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle the glaze over the ham, making sure to get some down in the slits you cut earlier.
- Continue cooking the ham until it reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees, then remove from the grill and let rest 30 minutes before carving and serving.