- 3 Quarts (80 Oz.) Garbanzo Beans
- 1 1/4 Cups Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame Tahini
- 2 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 4 Cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVO)
- 1 Pg Pita Bread
- 1 Pg Holy Hyssop Za’atar
- 3 Tbsp. White Sesame Seeds
- 3 Tbsp. Oregano, Ground
- We use a Cuisinart or food processor to make a puree out of the Garbanzo Beans, Lemon Juice, Tahini, Garlic and Olive Oil.
- I like to use a barbecue grill or George Foreman indoor grill to “sizzle” the pita breads. A simple package of pita bread will do. Let’s rub those pita’s down with EVO and chuck em’ onto that ole grill. A bit o’ flame won’t hurt if you are outside! When they are done, cut them into pizza slices and arrange decoratively on a platter.
- In the desert regions there can often be found a dipping bowl of EVO and Za’ atar. I like to blend Holy Hyssop with the Sesame Seeds and Oregano and sprinkle them all over the pita. I mix the Hyssop with Sesame and Oregano and stir.