- 8 oz. of diced yellow onion
- 6 oz. of diced carrots
- 6 oz. of diced celery
- 1 lb. of butternut squash
- 2 qts. of apple cider
- 1 pint of heavy cream
- 4 oz. of butter
- 1 oz. fresh oregano (minced)
- Cut butternut squash in half lengthwise.
- Drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place in a 350 degrees F oven for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Scoop out flesh and set aside.
- In a stock pot saute onions, carrots, and celery.
- Deglaze pan with apple cider and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add butternut squash.
- With an emersion wand or blender, blend all ingredients together and return to pot on medium-low heat.
- Add heavy cream and let thicken.
- Finish the soup with butter and oregano.