- 4C pumpkin, prepared
- 1⁄2C local honey
- 1⁄2C light brown sugar
- 1⁄2T ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 2C apple juice
- 2C heavy cream
- Chopped walnut pieces, cranberries and whipped cream for garnish
- Over medium heat, combine the pumpkin, apple juice, brown sugar and honey in the stock pot, stirring briskly to combine. Cook for five minutes.
- Add the cinnamon and fresh ground nutmeg, stirring to combine.
- Add the heavy cream and combine, using the immersion blender in the stock pot or blending portions of the bisque in the food processor until all ingredients are combined. Thoroughly reheat in the stock pot, but do not boil.
- Ladle into soup cups and top with the chopped walnuts and cranberries. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and serve with your favorite turkey sandwich.