- 1 8 oz. container mascarpone cheese (available in the Ingles deli) 1 cup Laura Lynn heavy whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons bourbon
- 1 Ingles Bakery pound cake, loaf size
- Softened butter
- 1 jar Unicoi Preserves Strawberry Vanilla Spread (available in the Ingles Deli) Fresh strawberries, for garnish
- To make the bourbon mascarpone cream:
- Combine mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, powdered sugar and bourbon in a clean, medium sized mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, whip until soft peaks form.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed, up to 2 days ahead.
To grill cake:
- Preheat cast iron or non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Cut pound cake into 3/4 inch thick slices and butter both sides of the cake slices evenly.
- Toast each side until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and place on dessert plate.
- Top each slice of grilled pound cake with a scoop of bourbon mascarpone cream and a spoonful of Unicoi Preserves Strawberry Vanilla Spread.
- Garnish with fresh sliced strawberries.
Yield: 9 servingsPrint Recipe