- 1 can Laura Lynn Pie Filling (apple, peach, cherry, etc.)
- 1 pkg frozen Laura Lynn Pie crusts (thawed to room temp)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup flour
- large cup muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Remove thawed pie shells from packaging and place them on a floured surface. Roll the dough flat. Use a mason jar or other round item (cereal bowl?) to cut round circles out of the dough. Cut as many as you can then, combine remaining dough, roll flat again and repeat.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray and gently add one of the circles into the pan. Spoon a Tablespoon or more of the pie filling into the crust. Cover with another circle and pinch closed on the edge with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg and 1/4 cup water together and whisk to form an egg wash. Brush each assembled pie with the egg wash. Cut a small slit in the top of each pie to vent.
- Bake muffin tray of pies in the oven for 20 minutes. Then begin to watch the crust. Some ovens and muffin tins will vary. When the top crust becomes golden brown, you’re good to go.