- 8C diced melons, any mixture
- 3⁄4 – 1C finely diced onion
- 3⁄4 – 1C finely diced green pepper
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and shredded (about 3C)
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1⁄4 C fresh or 2T dried parsley
- 1 tsp each: salt and black pepper
- 2C orange juice
- In the food processor bowl, process the garlic cloves until finely minced. Add the onion and green pepper, chopping until finely diced.
- Dice the melon into small pieces, placing into the mixing bowl. Peel and shred the cucumbers on the box grater, adding to the melon with the onion mix and the chopped green onions. Lightly toss.
- Sprinkle the melon mix with the parsley, salt and pepper. Lightly toss again.
- Pour the orange juice over the mixture, thoroughly folding and mixing until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of two hours, allowing the flavors to blend. Serve as a side dish with a summer quiche, salad and croissants for a wonderful lunch.