- 12-oz jar maraschino cherries, drained and diced
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 14-oz package sweetened, flaked coconut
- 3 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 5 bars of Lindt Dark Chocolate (70% Cocoa EXCELLENCE Bar)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- Dice cherries and pat between paper towels to drain excess juice.
- Melt butter on low in medium pot. Add vanilla, powdered sugar, and condensed milk – stir until smooth. Stir in cherries, coconut, and pecans.
- Form mixture into 2-inch balls. Chill in the freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Heat the chocolate and shortening in a small saucepan over low heat until chocolate begins to soften and lose its shape, then remove the pan from the heat and stir until melted and smooth.
- Working with one candy ball at a time, dip each piece in warmed chocolate. Lift it out with a fork and let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl. Place the coated ball on waxed paper or parchment paper to set.
- Chill in refrigerator until the chocolate is set. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Yields 8 dozen chocolates