- 1 box of mix for classic pound cake
- 1⁄4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh-grated lemon zest
- 1 whole egg
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- Confectioner’s (powdered) sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pound cake mix, lemon juice, lemon zest, and egg. Mix well until there are no dry lumps of mix.
- Using a tablespoon or small cookie scoop, scoop some dough from the bowl, pressing it against the side of the bowl to create a dome shape, and place about 2 inches apart on your sheet pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Flip the cookies and bake an additional 5 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges.
- Fill a piping bag or plastic food storage bag with one corner cut about 1/2 inch wide with the cream cheese.
- Squeeze a dollop of the cream cheese on the flat side of a cookie. Press another cookie on top, leaving about 1/2 an inch apart so you can see the filled center. Garnish with powdered sugar and serve!