- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ginger, Ground
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1 teaspoon Clabber Girl baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) Cabot butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg, and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured work surface. Cut into gingerbread men shapes with 5-inch cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are set and just begin to brown. Cool on baking sheets 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Decorate cooled cookies as desired. Store cookies in an airtight container up to 5 days.