- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- Powdered sugar
- Unicoi Preserves Salted Caramel Peach or Strawberry Vanilla Spread
- Place a 10 inch cast iron skillet on the middle rack of your oven, then preheat oven and skillet to 425 degrees.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl, then add milk, flour and a pinch of kosher salt. This will be a thin and runny batter, but don’t worry and prepared to be amazed!
- When oven reaches 425 degrees, carefully pull the hot skillet out of the oven and add the butter.
- When the butter has melted and is sizzling, pour the pancake batter into the pan.
- Place the pan back on the middle rack of your oven and set a timer for 15 minutes. Pancake is done when it’s puffy and golden.
- Dust with powdered sugar, slice into quarters and serve with your favorite flavors of Unicoi Preserves (we chose Salted Caramel Peach and Strawberry Vanilla Spread but Vineyard Spread is delicious here too!) and your favorite breakfast meat.
- The saltiness of bacon is the perfect complement to Puffy Pancake and Unicoi Preserves.