- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 8 oz. candied pineapples
- 8 oz. candied cherries
- 8 oz. dates
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Quarter the pineapples, cherries, nuts, and dates, so they are roughly about the same size.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.
- Add flour mixture and incorporate ingredients. Stir in vanilla, fruits, and nuts.
- Place spoonfuls of dough onto cookie sheets and bake 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cookies cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.