- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves –
cut into strips 5 chicken drumsticks
- 1 quart egg nog
- 1 pinch (or more?) of nutmeg
- 1 pinch (or more?) of cinnamon
- 2 cup all-purpose our
- 2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon chicken base or bouillon (powdered)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 quart oil for frying
- In a large bowl, mix the eggnog. Add in chicken pieces. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- In another large bowl, mix together the nutmeg, cinnamon, flour, bread crumbs, bouillon powder and baking powder. Remove chicken from refrigerator. One piece at a time, drip drain, and then coat in dry mixture.
- Heat oil in a large, pot to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). This is the few times a year that using a deep frying thermometer helps keep the kitchen safe! Otherwise it just sits in the drawer all year long.
- Carefully put chicken pieces into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown and the juices running out of it are clear. You can always poke the piece with the tip of a knife (just don’t do that while holding it over the hot oil). Drip-dry and drain on plenty of paper towels.
For the guys “winter time NFL tailgate parties,” put some E and J Brandy with Pure Vanilla into a spray bottle and mist pieces to your liking just before eating. Some guys like to drench their piece with a whole bunch of mists! Or just get nutty with it at a home party. Keep the spray bottle under control.
On the elegant entertaining side – This can also be done with baby sized pieces of chicken for hors de oeuvres.Print Recipe