- 4 Cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup water
- 1⁄2 Cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 Cup chopped tart apple*
- 1⁄2 Cup golden raisins
- 1⁄2 Cup diced celery
*Hint: Squeeze a tablespoon or so of fresh lemon juice over the chopped apples and mix. This will keep the apples from turning brown.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, water, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and allspice.
- Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, approximately 15 minutes.
- Next, add the apple, raisins and celery.
- Simmer, uncovered, until thickened, approximately 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
Recipe makes approximately 2 cups.Print Recipe