For the crab cakes:
- 8 oz fresh crab meat, jumbo lump
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh italian parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped scallions (green & white)
- 1⁄2 – 1 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Approx. 1⁄2 of beaten egg
- 1⁄4 tablespoon french’s dijon mustard
- Good pinch of McCormick’s Old Bay seasoning
- Pinches of kosher salt & fresh ground McCormick black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
For the remoulade sauce:
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- Sriracha hot sauce
- Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- Stir together mayonnaise, parsley, lemon
- juice, dijon mustard, Old Bay seasoning, egg, salt & pepper, onion and red bell pepper.
- Add panko bread crumbs and crab and gently fold into the mixture.
- Divide into 6 cakes, then refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm their shape.
- Melt butter in a non-stick skillet. Cook approx. 4 minutes on the first side over medium-high heat. Turn and cook other side for approx. 2 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, a couple shakes of Sriracha hot sauce, and Frank’s Red Hot sauce, then give it a taste. Add additional sauce until you reach your preferred flavor balance.
Serve on the side or put a dollop on each crab cake.