- 1 Large Red Onion; Thinly Sliced
- 1 Clove Garlic; Minced
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Merlot
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Pinch Thyme
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Pan Spray
- 1 Package Smoked Bleu Cheese
- ¼ Lb. Walnut Halves
- 12 Each Laura Lynn Rosemary & Olive Oil Woven Wheat Crackers
- Lightly coat sauté pan with pan spray. Heat pan on medium high heat.
- Add onion & garlic to hot pan. Sweat onion and garlic till lightly caramelized. Add red wine, sugar, balsamic & thyme. Reduce heat and cook till jam like consistency. Season with salt & pepper.
- Arrange Laura Lynn Rosemary & Olive Oil Woven Wheat Crackers on platter. Place spoonful onion jam on cracker. Top with walnut half & slice of bleu cheese. Garnish with thyme sprig if desired.