- 1/2 lb. bacon ends and pieces
- 1 lb. dried beans ( great northern, pinto, navy, cannellini or mixed)
- 2 cups sweet yellow onions, diced
- 1 cup diced green bell peppers
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 cups chicken stock1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup blue agave nectar
- 3 tbsp yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons favorite bbq dry rub McCormick brown sugar bourbon!
- 2 to 3 cups of water
- 1/2 lb. bacon, coated in cracked black pepper, cayenne pepper and molasses to top finished beans.
- Mix all ingredients in a large pot up to the last item (1/2 lb. bacon)
- Place beans either on a stove top, your grill or in the oven covered and cook for at least 6 to 8 hours…..longer if you can. The longer they cook the better they come out!
- Once cooked, take the half pound of bacon pieces and coat in pepper, cayenne and molasses and cook on high heat until very done.
- Add 2 tbsp on top of each serving of baked beans. #INCREDIBLE