- 3⁄4 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1⁄4 cup Pecans (chopped)
- 3 tsp. Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp. Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 tsp. McCormick Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Apples
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. McCormick Apple Pie Spice
- 2 tsp. McCormick Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Stir all ingredients together.
- Spread mixture evenly on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Let sit.
- Cut the top 1/2 inch from the 4 apples.
- Using a melon baller or spoon, dig out the insides of the apples and reserve, leaving 1⁄4 inch flesh next to the skin.
- Remove the cores and seeds and discard.
- Coarsely chop the scooped fruit and add it to a medium bowl.
- Add the honey, apple pie spice, and vanilla then mix well.
- Fill the bottom half of the apple with the mixed apple filling, add a layer of the topping, then fill almost to the top of the apple with apple filling.
- Place the apples in an 8-by-8-inch baking dish, then add 1 inch of water to the bottom of the dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil, add topping to the top of apple, then bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Place the apples on a cooling rack to cool to room temperature before serving.