- 1 deep pie crust baked for 10 minutes
- 4/5 vine ripe tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup Visalia onion
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup Dukes’s mayonnaise
- 2 cayenne peppers diced (optional)
- 15 cinnamon basil leaves chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Put tomato slices in colander and sprinkle with salt and let stand for 10 minutes to draw out moisture.
- Layer tomato slices, onion, basil, and peeper into the baked pie shell. Season with black pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the cheeses and the mayonnaise. Spread over the top of the tomatoes to cover the top of the pie. Arrange decorative slices on top, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated 375 degrees oven for about 30 minutes, until cheese is lightly browned.
- Garnish with Fresh Basil~Serve hot and ENJOY.