Tex Mex Tofu Scramble
- 1 14oz package extra-firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, mashed
- 1 package vegetarian chorizo, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 4-6 tortillas for serving, if desired
- In a bowl, combine tofu, nutritional yeast flakes, salt, cumin, turmeric, pepper.
- In a sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat and add onion , garlic, and bell pepper and sauté until onion is translucent. Let cool slightly, then add to tofu mixture. Combine well. (You can do this process the night before.)
- In the same pan, heat the rest of the olive oil. Combine tofu mixture and chorizo in the pan and cook over high heat until the mixture turns a golden brown and edges are crispy, then fold in tomato.
- Divide scrambled tofu among bowls and top with avocado slices, scallions, and cilantro. If using tortillas, divide mixture among each tortilla and roll tightly into burritos. Cut in half to serve.