Smoked Bacon Pork Alfredo
- 1 lb. dry penne pasta
- 1 Smithfield® Applewood Smoked Bacon Topped Pork Loin Filet
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8-oz) pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 (15-oz.) jars Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onionGrated Parmesan cheese, optional
Makes: 6 to 8 Servings
Prep Time: 8 Minutes
Cook Time: 22 Minutes
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cut pork loin filet into ½-inch thick slices and then into ¼-inch wide strips. (Note: Bacon will fall off but make sure to keep it.) Working in two batches, heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir fry half the pork and bacon pieces for 7 to 8 minutes until well browned. Set aside on separate plate and repeat with another 1 tablespoon oil and remaining pork and bacon.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and sprinkle lightly with salt. Cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta and return to pot; stir in pork and bacon, mushrooms and Alfredo sauce. Stir over medium heat about 4 minutes until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with green onions and Parmesan cheese, if desired.