Savory Mushroom & Goat Cheese Strudel
- 1⁄2 Yellow Onions, Small Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1⁄4 c Butter
- 1 LB. Assorted Mushrooms, Cleaned & Diced
- 1/8 tsp. Thyme
- 2 Tbsp. Sherry Wine
- 1⁄2 Bunch Chives, Chopped
- 4 oz. Log Goat Cheese
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry, Thawed
- In sauté pan, melt butter. Add Onions & garlic. Cook till translucent. Add mushrooms & thyme. Cook over high heat till mushrooms are browned. Deglaze with sherry wine. Add Chopped Chives. Cool.
- Place puff pastry of floured surface. Slightly roll out to even edges.
- Make 1⁄4 inch cuts to right & left side edges of puff pastry. Place mushroom filling in center of puff pasty. Top with goat cheese. Pull left & right side edges of pastry into center of strudel.
- Bake in 425° oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.