Savory Apple Tart
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 LB Bacon
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 1⁄4 Cup Walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry
- 1 Package Bleu Cheese
- Thinly slice onions.
- Melt butter in sauté pan and caramelize onions.
- Chop bacon and render in sauté pan. Drain oil.
- Peel, Core & thinly slice apple.
- Process walnuts & brown sugar in food processor.
- Lightly roll out puff pastry on parchment lined sheet pan. Arrange apples over pastry.
- Spread onions evenly over apple tart.
- Sprinkle with walnuts & brown sugar. Fold in sides.
- Bake in 375° for 30 minutes. Top with crumbled bleu cheese and cook for 5 more minutes.