Pumpkin Rum Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 1⁄4 Cup Fresh Roasted Pumpkin
- 1 Qt heavy Cream
- 2 14 oz. Cans Sweet Condensed Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Rum
- 2 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1⁄2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 Tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. Ginger
- 1/8 Tsp. Cloves
- 2 Dozen Salted Caramel Crisps from Ingles Bakery
- With Sharp knive cut top off of Pumpkin.
- Turn upside down & cut through center of pumpkin.
- Remove seeds.
- Lay pumpkin cut side down on sheet pan.
- Roast in 350o degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until soft.
- Cool & remove pulp from skin.
- Mix Pumpkin pulp with spices, syrup & rum.
- In stand mixer, beat heavy cream to stiff peaks
- Add condensed milk and mix. 10) Add seasoned pumpkin pulp and fold by hand.
- Place cream mix in freezer safe bowl and freeze 4-6 hours.
- Scoop ice-cream into center of cookie.
- Top with a second cookie
- Garnish with chopped pistachios if desired.