Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp
- 1 pound 8-10 count tail on shrimp or prawn (or the largest shrimp you can find)
- Ingles pre-sliced prosciutto
- 10 cloves garlic, slivered thin
- 1 can water chestnut
- bunch basil leaves
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/8 cup balsamic glaze
- 1 package fresh blackberries
- Leave the tail on the shrimp and defrost.
- On a cutting board, lay out a strip of Prosciutto and place 1 defrosted shrimp on top.
- Then, stack slivered garlic, 2 water chestnuts slivers, and one basil leaf on top of the shrimp
- Then, put 2 drops of Sriracha on top of the basil leaf.
- Wrap the prosciutto around and place a skewer through to hold it together. (pre-soak skewers for 20 minutes in water before grilling to prevent them from catching on fire)
- Repeat this process for all of the shrimp then sprinkle all with salt and pepper.
- For the blackberry reduction sauce, combine 1/4 cup red wine and 1/8 cup balsamic glaze in a bowl.
- Add 1 package fresh blackberries into the wine and balsamic mixture
- Mix together until all of the Blackberries have been broken down to a liquid.
- To Cook – Heat grill on high then place skewered shrimp on the grill. Shrimp will be done in less than 6 minutes, but you must continuously watch them and turn very frequently as not to allow the prosciutto to burn. Once cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees take them off of the grill and allow to set for 2 minutes.
- Then drizzle with Blackberry reduction sauce and serve.