Pears in Honey and Walnut Caramel with Artisanal Cheese
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter 31/2 tablespoons honey
- 3 firm but ripe Bosc pears or other pears, peeled, halved, lengthwise, cored
- 4 ounces artisanal cheese, crumbled, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts pinch of fine sea salt
- Cook butter in large nonstick skillet over medium- high heat until beginning to brown.
- Add pear halves, cut side down, to skillet.
- Drizzle honey over pears and swirl pan slightly to blend butter and honey.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until pears are tender when pierced with pairing knife, swirling skillet occasionally and adding a few tablespoons water to skillet if caramel sauce turns deep amber before pears are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer pears, cut side up, to serving platter top pears with cheese.
- Return skillet with caramel sauce to medium-high heat; add walnuts and sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Cook until sauce in skillet is brown and bubbling, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon sauce and walnuts over pears and serve.