Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
- 9-inch gluten-free pie crust, unbaked and thawed if previously frozen
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup King Arthur GF Multipurpose Flour Blend
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream or whipped topping, optional
- Chocolate shavings or additional chocolate chips, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir sugars together with peanut butter and softened butter until smooth. The mixture will be thick.
- Add eggs and stir until fully incorporated.
- Stir in vanilla, then add flour and salt.
- Stir until nearly all flour is incorporated, then add chocolate chips and continue to stir until no dry ingredients remain visible.
- Spoon mixture into pie crust and bake 40-50 minutes, until pie is golden on top and set in center.
- Check pie after 30 minutes, and if crust is becoming very brown, cover pie loosely with a piece of foil so that crust doesn’t over-brown.
- Remove pie from oven, cool completely to room temperature, then slice and serve with whipped cream or whipped topping.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings or chocolate chips if desired.
Pie may also be served chilled.