Green Chile Pork Burgers
- 2 lbs. Smithfield® Signature Ground Pork
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 roasted green chiles, peeled, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 6 slices smoked provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 (4-inch) burger buns, toasted
- 6 slices tomato
- 1/4 head of lettuce, shredded
- Heat charcoal or gas grill to medium. Mix together seasoning ingredients. Form ground pork into 6 (1/2 to 1-inch thick) burgers; sprinkle both sides of burgers with seasoning.
- Combine roasted chiles, 1 teaspoon salt and vegetable oil.
- Grill burgers for 5 minutes. Flip and top with green chile mixture and 1 slice cheese.
- Continue cooking 5 to 8 minutes until internal temperature of pork burgers reaches 160˚F.
- Spread mayonnaise on both sides of toasted buns. Place each pork burger on bottom bun; top with shredded lettuce and sliced tomato.