Fall Vegetable Curry
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Cup Sweet Potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 Eggplant, cubed
- 1 Cup Cauliflower, chopped
- 1 Cup Green Peas
- 1/2 Cup Onion, diced
- 1 Chili Pepper, diced (use your favorite)
- 1 Tbsp Madras Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Pinch of Cumin
- 1 (14oz) Can Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 (14oz) Can No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (14oz) Can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- 2 Heaping Tbsp Chopped Fresh Basil, for serving
- OPTIONAL: Basmati Rice, for serving
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat until simmering.
- Add sweet potato and sauté for 3-5 minutes, depending on size of cubes (smaller cubes, less time, bigger cubes, more time).
- Turn heat down to medium and add eggplant, cauliflower, peas, onion, chili pepper, curry powder, turmeric, cayenne, and cumin. Mix well, and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and tomatoes Stir well. Turn up heat and allow everything to come to a boil.
- Cover pan, turn heat down to low, and simmer for 10 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Stir in chickpeas and sugar, taste, and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Divide among 4-6 bowls, garnish with basil, and serve alone or over rice.