Easy French Onion Soup
- 4 Yellow Onions, Thinly Sliced
- 1⁄2 c Butter
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tbsp. Sherry
- 1/8 Tsp. Thyme
- 3 C Beef Broth
- 1 Lb. Shredded Swiss Cheese
- Sliced French Bread Buttered & Toasted
- Melt butter in sauce pot. Add onions. Cook over medium high heat till melted & caramelized; approximately 20 minutes. De- glaze with sherry wine & reduce.
- Add garlic, thyme & beef broth. Allow to cool.
- Pour soup evenly into oven proof crocks. Top with French bread toast and shredded Swiss cheese.
- Broil in 450° oven till cheese is browned & soup is hot.