Crispy Oven Baked Zucchini Fries
- 2 large zucchini, washed & dried, ends trimmed (no need to peel)
- ¾ cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- ½ cup very finely grated Asiago cheese (can sub Romano or Parmesan)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten with fork
- 1 – 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or other high heat oil like avocado oil)
- Preheat your oven to 425F and lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Cut zucchini in half cross-wise, then cut each portion lengthwise into “fries”.
- Combine bread crumbs, cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Add egg white to a separate shallow bowl; beat with fork.
- Assembly line style, dip zucchini pieces into egg white, then into crumb mixture, then place on baking sheet. Repeat until all pieces are used.
- Discard any leftover egg white and/or bread crumb mixture.
- Drizzle fries with coconut oil, then bake 20-25 minutes, until browned and crisp.
- Serve immediately.