- 2 pounds Colossal shrimp (12-15 or 16-20 per pound) or large Prawns shelled but leave tails on, save the shells!
- Black pepper and cajun seasoning blend to coat the shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 onion diced
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce (Lea and Perrins)
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasonings
- 2 lemons, peeled
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoon white pepper
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Peel the shrimp leaving only the tails on, season the shrimp and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet, add the onions and garlic and cook for about a minute and then add the shrimp shells, cajun seasoning and all the ingredients up to and including the green onions.
- Bring to a boil for 30 minutes, remove from heat cool for about 15 minutes and strain into a bowl.
- Place back on the heat and cook until dark and syrupy! But don’t burn it.
- In a separate pan heat the other tablespoon of oil over high heat, and add the shrimp.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and add the BBQ sauce and heavy cream, stir and mix for another 3 minutes then remove the shrimp.
- Add the 3 tablespoons of butter and whisk into the sauce, pour over the shrimp and top with green onions.