BBQ Pork Ribs with 3-Cheese Mac & Cheese
Shopping ListPork Ribs
- 1 full rack of pork ribs
- ½ cup mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups mangos (frozen), diced
- 1 cup peaches (frozen), diced
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cups ketchup
- ¾ cup yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 12 ounces cooked pasta (short variety: penne, elbow, rotini)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ yellow onion, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese,shredded
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Salt to taste
- 2 green tomatoes, sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten in shallow dish
- ½ cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Mix honey and mustard in a bowl and spread evening over ribs. (Meat side only)
- Mix together all dry ingredients and rub onto ribs until evenly coated.
- Pour apple cider vinegar in a shallow baking sheet.
- Place seasoned ribs onto sheet with apple cider vinegar and bake for 4 hours at 275 degrees.
- Remove and let rest until ready to serve.
Peach Mango BBQ Sauce:
- Heat olive oil over medium heat, for 23 minutes.
- Add diced onion and saute until translucent.
- Add mango, peaches, honey, ketchup, mustard, chili paste,and apple cider vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add cilantro during last 5 minutes of cook time.
- Serve with ribs.
3-Cheese Mac and Cheese:
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan and saute onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Deglaze pan by adding chicken stock.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add Parmesan, cheddar and goat cheese to melt.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Toss sauce with cooked pasta and serve.
Fried Green Tomatoes:
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Place flour and breadcrumbs in separate shallow dishes.
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Dip sliced tomato in eggs and then coat with flour.
- Dip tomato in eggs again and then coat with seasoned bread crumbs.
- Test heated oil by flicking a small amount of water into oil. If it sizzles, it is ready.
- Fry tomatoes on each side until golden brown.
- Place on paper towel to absorb excess oil.