Banana Pudding Bars
Shopping ListFor the bars
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 1 box Laura Lynn gluten-free sugar cookie mix, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup of the sugar cookie mix (from bars, above)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease an 8×8-inch square baking pan
- In a small bowl, reserve 1⁄2 cup of the cookie mix; set aside. You will use this for the frosting
- Add the peeled bananas to the bowl of your stand mixer and blend to mash the bananas. Alternatively, mash the bananas in a mixing bowl with a fork until no large chunks remain.
- Add the remaining cookie mix to the bananas, along with the egg and water; blend until batter is smooth.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes, until top appears dry and cookie bars are set. The center need not be as firm as the edges. The bars will continue to cook in the pan while cooling, and you don’t want to over cook them.
- Cool bars completely in pan. While the cookie bars are cooling, mix the frosting by combining 1⁄2 cookie mix (reserved at the beginning), cream cheese, vanilla extract and milk in a stand mixer (or mix with a hand held electric mixer). Blend until smooth.
- Once bars are cooled completely, frost and slice into squares. Add sprinkles, if desired.
Makes 12 cookie bars.Print Recipe