Shopping ListFor the Pickled Daikon Slaw:
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup carrot, julienned strips
- ½ cup daikon radish, julienned strips (if you cannot find Daikon, substitute an equal amount of young turnip)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ Tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce (or coconut aminos if also soy-free)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ pound sliced roast pork (from the deli; allow 3 ounces per serving)
- 4 individual sized gluten-free baguettes
- English cucumber, peeled and sliced lengthwise into thin strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed
- Prepare the Pickled Daikon Slaw first: Place vegetables in a glass bowl and sprinkle with salt; toss and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Rinse vegetables in a colander; allow to drain there while you combine sugar and vinegar in the bowl (that previously held the vegetables and that you have rinsed).
- Stir vinegar and sugar until sugar begins to dissolve, then add water and the drained vegetables. Toss to coat vegetables, cover well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- If you’re using frozen baguettes (like Udi’s), prepare those now according to package directions, then cut in half, split and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sandwich spread ingredients.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread desired amount of sandwich spread on one side of half the baguette pieces. Top with roast pork, vegetables and slaw, remaining half of baguette, then serve.