Bacon, Date, & Goat Cheese Turnovers
- 1 Lb. Bacon
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 8 Oz. Package Chopped Dates
- 8 Oz. Roll Goat Cheese
- Pinch Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Package Prepared Pie Dough
- 1 Egg
- 1/8 Cup Water
- Chop raw bacon to bite size pieces. Cook over medium high heat till slightly crisp. Add diced onion. Cook until soft. Add Chopped dates. Continue to cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat & drain oil.
- On lightly floured cutting board, roll out pie dough. Cut out 3 inch rounds. Place 1⁄2 tsp. of goat cheese on round. Top with bacon & date mixture. Brush edges with beaten egg & water. Fold over. Bake in 425 oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.